As we close up January and kick start February… we hope your original resolutions made it past a few weeks, probably unlikely if you or a loved one had to deal with fighting the flu right? Given the very alarming spikes in the flu this year and the escalation in NoroVirus outbreaks, we loved the recent blog from Deb on Skin Care Resolutions. We also created for you a quick solution guide for reducing the spread of common viruses in your facilities.
“Did you know that 1 in 5 people admit to not washing their hands after using the washroom and only 30% use soap!”
Yuk. Here are 5 easy things you can do to improve your hygiene and skin care and to help the public by reducing the spread of germs. These five tips are fabulous! This is a super-summary… but check the great full blog by Zuzana Bleha here.
1. Always Wash Hands —with Soap. TIP: pretend someone is watching you and judging.
2. Wash Hands Before & After These Key Moments:
- before you eat
- after you eat
- after you use the restroom
- before touching your face, mouth or eyes
- after touching your pet
3. Sneeze in the Crook of Your Elbow – – lead by example.
4. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
5. Always Use Paper Towel to Dry Your Hands, numerous studies have shown that paper towels are far more effective at drying and removing germs than the hot air dryer.
Changing Life Styles
New Year’s resolutions are notoriously dropped after a few months so try to think of these as a lifestyle change instead and make them a habit going forward. Not only will you BE more hygienic, you’ll make a good impression on your friends and colleagues, and that is infectious!
Speaking of infectious… we wanted to share some of our most effective solutions for handling outbreaks in your facilities. We have a very broad selection of solutions for skin care, surface sanitizing and disinfecting, but this zooms in on the best and brightest of this year.
Check out our 2018 Virus Solutions flyer here. Nichols Flu & NoroVirus_eblast_12318