Back-to-School and Back with the Flu?
Now that the Holiday Season is behind us, Back-to-School season is in full swing. With school doors opening and students flooding the halls, it’s time again to maintain a clean and safe school building.
Rubbermaid Commercial Products (RCP) understands that the priorities of higher education include student expectations, retaining workers, and campus image. RCP provides the optimal assortment of products that help schools focus on these priorities by implementing sustainable practices, improving custodian efficiency, and maintaining an inviting campus.
RCP has product solutions that provide benefits to each of the following categories: Refuse, Cleaning, and Material Handling. We will break down each category below, and the specific benefits that RCP provides for each.
- Refuse Solutions
- Waste stream labels provide visual cues that help aid waste sortation accuracy and improve recycling rates.
- Utility Refuse containers feature integrated liner cinches that eliminate the need to tie knots.
- Decorative Refuse containers come in contemporary designs that seamlessly blend with modern indoor and outdoor areas on campus.
- Cleaning Solutions
- Universities can make a positive impact on the environment by using products made of sustainable materials like the Swinger Loop® Wet Mop that is made of up to 100% recycled materials.
- The HYGEN™ PULSE™ Microfiber Mop Kit has an onboard reservoir that allows custodians to clean more square feet in less time by reducing the time spent emptying and filling mop buckets.
- Material Handling Solutions
- Mega BRUTE® Mobile Collectors can hold a 23-gallon Slim Jim® container for improved waste sortation and recycling.
- Front-access zippered bags on cleaning carts allow custodians to easily remove waste from the side of the bag, limiting the time spent removing waste.
- Tilt truck lids cover unsightly waste to promote a more discreet appearance in public areas.
In addition to these specific benefits, Rubbermaid also plays a big role in the prevention of this Cold & Flue Season. Did you know that 22 million school days are lost annually because of the common cold? And one in four college students get the flu each year! The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends the following preventative actions to stop the spread of germs: clean routinely, clean and disinfect surfaces, handle waste properly, and wash hands often. Contact your local sales rep today to get more information on what RCP tools are ideal for each action.