Prepare to Take Care!
Halloween is over, the Great Lakes World Series Battle has been won, and we are just scratching the surface of this year’s cold and flu season. As we move towards the holidays, let’s Take Care not to share more than turkey, cranberries and cookies! We all know that once the the cold and flu virus hits the office (grocery cart handle, gym, classroom, etc.), it tends to make the rounds.
According to information from Kimberly-Clark, “the human rhinovirus is projected to cause over 560 million cases of the Common Cold in the U.S. this year. The total cost of colds in the U.S. this year is expected to top $40 billion – including over $4 billion in over-the-counter cough and cold medications. The Common Cold may also lead to more serious infections, such as sinusitis, ear infections or bronchitis.”
But this virus taking hold of your facility isn’t inevitable! Your team at Nichols is here to help you with Solutions for Clean and Healthy Facilities! Some things to consider:
- Wash Hands and promote others in the workplace to do the same. Reminder signage near sinks can help!
- Keep hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and facial tissue available in conference rooms and break areas.
- Ask your associates to STAY HOME when they are sick. Presenteeism has 10x the negative financial impact of Absenteeism*. Employees are not only less productive but they are contagious as well.
- Show your staff and guests that you care with Kleenex brand facial tissues!
- Does your budget allow for proper cleaning and disinfecting? If you need help quantifying the “Value of Clean” check out this video from ISSA.
- If HTO (High Touch Objects) disinfecting isn’t being done on a routine basis by the janitorial team, then are there options available for your building occupants to sanitize their areas on their own?
- Perhaps a wellness email pointing out where to find and how to correctly utilize the appropriate sanitizer/disinfectant would help!