Over the upcoming holiday, many Americans will travel, cook, watch football, enjoy time with family and of course share their gratitude. At Nichols we are thankful for our customers, vendors, partners and associates all year long and we want to show extra appreciation this time of year.
So THANK YOU! Without all of you, we wouldn’t be here. You are much more than a transaction to us, we value the relationships we’ve built throughout the years. We look forward to many more!
Here are 5 interesting facts about Thanksgiving Day you might not know:
- The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621 over a three-day harvest festival. It included 50 Pilgrims, 90 Wampanoag Indians, and lasted three days.
- Turkey wasn’t on the menu at the first Thanksgiving. Venison, duck, goose, oysters, lobster, eel, and fish were likely served, alongside pumpkins and cranberries. But not your beloved pumpkin pie or cranberry sauce.
- The average number of calories consumed on Thanksgiving is 4,500. Now that’s a lot of food.
- The tradition of football on Thanksgiving began in 1876 with a game between Yale and Princeton. The first NFL games were played on Thanksgiving in 1920. Go Lions! Go Bears!
- More than 54 million Americans are expected to travel during the Thanksgiving holiday this year. That’s up 4.8% from last year. Drive safe.
This holiday weekend while our associates are all spending time with their families and friends, we will also be thinking of YOU!
Our office will be closed November 28 & 29 so our associates have a chance to celebrate with their families. We will return to normal business hours on Monday, December 2.