BSCs - Preparing During this Global Pandemic
The Covid-19 global pandemic has come to define “essential businesses”. There are several industries that fall into the essential category, including: healthcare, law enforcement, food and agriculture, energy and water, public works, and other essential functions. Building Service Contractors are no exception. According to the Business Service Contractors Association International (BSCAI), building service contractors are companies “that provide cleaning, facility maintenance, security, landscaping and other related services to building owners and managers”.
Coronavirus is posing a threat to all businesses out there. For this reason, it is important that all organizations are taking the appropriate precautions to mitigate the risk of an outbreak. Here are a few tips to help your organization be prepared:
- Follow everyday preventative actions:Stay home when you are sick
- Do not touch your face, especially your mouth and nose
- Use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (FTOs)
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Put up posters to encourage good practices. Here at Nichols, we have rolled out #BetterTogether - A Program for Healthy Teams & Facilities to help you educate your teams on important measures to put in place during a time of high infection rates. Our posters include:
- Understand which products are effective against Covid-19. Here is our list of EPA-Registered products with Coronavirus claims.
- Review your current protocols and update as needed. In addition, teams need to understand the difference between cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting. Many people use these terms interchangeably, but they are all very different. The easiest way to remember the difference is:
- Cleaning = Removing Soil
- Sanitizing = Reducing Germs
- Disinfecting = Killing Germs
For additional resources, please visit us at www.enichols.com/bettertogether